After years of receiving hand-made gifts from family and friends, I decided I wanted to learn how to crochet. I love little crocheted baby blankets and such things, and I thought it would be fun to make some of my own.
I've done some quilting and I've sewn some clothing, but I wanted to try my hand at some yarn-work. I debated about learning crocheting or knitting, and after doing some research, decided to go with crochet. I know there are some die-hard knitters who might argue, but according to my research, crocheting is more versatile and is faster than knitting (unless you knit with a circular needle?).
So I went on YouTube.com and found a nice lady from Texas who was posting videos for beginners. She took the time to share her talent with those on the internet, which I greatly appreciated. She even answers questions people post and regularly posts new projects to work on. It's pretty fun so far!
Jack took this picture (which is why I'm kneeling). He did a pretty good job of capturing my first project. The project I was following in the video was actually an entirely different scarf, but after I finished it, I just didn't like the way it turned out, so I pulled out the whole thing and started over. I'm currently working on a beret, although I do not wear hats, so I'm not sure that it is particularly useful. At least I'm learning the basics, though. I'll try to post more of the stuff I make so I can keep track of my progress. I'm looking forward to learning more and being able to actually read patterns. (If you've ever seen a crochet pattern, but do not know how to crochet, they look a little intimidating.) Stay tuned!
2 comments:
Love the color, it is a very cute scarf, good job!
I like the scarf! One thing you could try to do is go on the church's website under humanitarian aid and learn how to make mittens for children and adults that will be shipped to places in need. It's really a lot of fun to do.
Post a Comment